1. Does it matter which provider I currently am getting service from in order to join POND MOBILE?
2. How many countries does POND MOBILE BUSINESS work in?
Over 200 countries and growing
3. Do I need to switch out my SIM card if I travel to multiple countries in a single trip?
4. Do I need to activate my International calling ability and if so how?
5. What happens if I lose my phone in a foreign country?
6. Can I use Wi-Fi Calling when I travel internationally?
Yes, as long as you have enabled a Wi-Fi Calling-compatible smartphone and are connected to a Wi-Fi hotspot. Wi-Fi Calling is not allowed in all countries.
7. Can I send text messages and access data services while traveling abroad?
Text messaging is typically available in all countries in which Pond has international voice roaming service—more than 190 countries. Data services are available in over 190 countries.
8. Will I experience the same domestic high-speed data when in a global roaming country?
With Pond Mobile you will experience high speed data up to LTE speeds in all countries where it is available. Click here for the list
9. Do I need to change any device settings to connect internationally with my world phone or international data device?
No, the whole Pond Experience is meant to make sure that you use your phone normally, wherever you are.
10. Can I use my mobile phone to make and receive calls while on board a cruise ship?
Yes, the rates are $2.99/min - 100 MB - $25
11. How long does it typically take for international travel charges to appear on my bill?
You will receive an invoice every month, however, full roaming charges may take up to 3 billing cycles. Keep in mind unless there is an overage on your plan the price will be the same whether domestic or international.
12. Is there a limit to the amount of data I can use?
If you are under the Unlimited plan then there is no limit to data used, However, if you are on a lower plan then there is limits and charges may be incurred if they are reached.
13. What do I do if my phone stops working?
14. If I want to change my rate plan mid-month and while aboard what can I do?
Please call your account manager and they will change your plan and pro-rate your usage so you don’t get charged for services you didn’t use.
15. How am I charged for talk, text and data while traveling abroad?
Every plan has a set amount of units and a single unit corresponds to either 1 Mb of data, 1 text or 1 minute of talk. Once these units run out overage charges may be incurred.